Friday, September 20, 2013

Week #3 Pumpkin Spice Donuts

We were featured TWICE this week!!!

Planned in Pencil

Craft Frenzy Friday

Thank you so much to Planned in Pencil and Craft Dictator for the features!!
Very flattering!!

On to the real reason we are all here.... its Week #3 of
Pumpkin Fall Fridays!! And this week we are making Pumpkin Spice Donuts!

As I've mentioned before, I am a Gold Card-holding member of Starbucks,
and I rack up the stars extra fast during the Fall (and Christmas) seasons
thanks to the availability of my beloved Pumpkin Spice Lattes!!

And any chance I get to fit this wonderful fall taste into another recipe,
I take it gladly! So when I saw these Pumpkin Spice Donuts
inspired by A Step In The Journey I knew I had to try them!

The original recipe requires a mini muffin tin which I did not have,
so I made them in a regular muffin tin. I also doubled the batch
in order to feed the army of Young Life leaders-in-training
who would be feasting on these sugary sweets!

This recipe is for one batch which makes about 24 donuts.

Pumpkin Spice Donuts




Shopping List:

1 3/4 C Flour

2 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Cinnamon

1/2 tsp Nutmeg

1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

1/2 C Canola Oil

1/2 C Packed Brown Sugar

1/4 C Sugar

1 Egg

1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

8 oz Pumpkin Puree

1/2 C Milk
(I used Vanilla Almond Milk)

Donut Coating

Equal parts Cinnamon and Sugar

1/2 stick of Unsalted Butter

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside.
3. In another mixing bowl (I used my stand mixer) mix together canola oil, packed brown sugar, sugar, egg, vanilla extract pumpkin puree, and milk.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin batter until well blended.
5. Spoon batter into well greased muffin tins (should make enough for 24 donuts).
6. Bake 10-12 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Allow donuts to cool for 2 mins.
7. In one small bowl, melt butter. In a separate small bowl, mix cinnamon and sugar. Dip the donut in the butter and then roll in cinnamon sugar mix.
8. Serve warm with a glass of milk. Enjoy on a crisp Fall Friday Morning!! Mmmm Mmmm!




1 comment:

  1. Oooh, these sound delicious. I love pumpkin spice and can't resist a donut so I am sold on these.
    Thanks for sharing at the Pinworthy Projects Party!

    ReplyDelete