Red Velvet Chocolate Cupcakes with Peppermint Frosting
Duncan Hines Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix
(If you thought this chef-in-the-making was going
to post only recipes made from scratch, you came
to the wrong blog. As much as I love baking, sometimes its about
fast and easy. Life is a little bit crazy. Right?)
1 1/4 C Water
1/3 C Vegetable Oil
3 Large Eggs
1 C Chocolate Chips
Duncan Hines Creamy Homestyle Cream Cheese Frosting (14oz)
(Once again, don't judge me...)
Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Peppermint Frosting Mix
Fun Cupcake Papers
Any other decorations you wish to use...
1. Preheat oven to 350 (or 325 for dark or nonstick pans). Place cupcake papers in cupcake baking tins.
2. Prepare cupcakes according to box instructions: Blend cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large bowl at low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes.
3. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Dish cupcake mix into cupcake papers.
5. Bake according to box instructions: Bake 19-22 mins. (Add 3-5 minutes to bake time for dark or coated pans.) Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
6. Mix peppermint frosting mix into cream cheese frosting. Frost cupcakes, add sprinkles and decorations.
Today is also Ash Wednesday. I'm not big into giving things up for
Lent - although I recognize it is meaningful for many people.
What are some other ways you prepare your heart and mind over
this 40 day season for the death and resurrection of our Savior on
Easter Sunday? I am looking for suggestions!