Turkey Pasta Bake
1 box Ditalini Pasta
1 lb Lean Ground Turkey
3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 can Progresso Recipe Starter Cooking Sauce
1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes
28oz can Tomato Puree
2 Tsp Minced Onion, divided
2 Tbsp Oregano
2 Tbsp Crushed Red Peppers
2 Tsp Parsley Flakes, divided
2 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 1/2 - 2 C Shredded Mozzarella, divided
1/2 C Panko Bread Crumbs
1. Prepare pasta according to box directions. Drain. Stir in EVOO. Set aside.
2. In saute pan, brown turkey over med-high heat. Stir in 1 Tsp minced onion, 1 Tbsp oregano and 1 Tsp parsley flakes. Let cook for approx 5 mins. Set aside.
3. In sauce pan, mix Progresso Recipe Starter, petite diced tomatoes, tomato puree, salt to taste, 1 Tsp minced onion, 1 Tbsp oregano, crushed red peppers, 1 tsp parsley flakes, black pepper, and maple syrup. Let simmer over med-low heat for approx 5 mins.
4. Add ground turkey to sauce and simmer an additional 5 mins.
5. Add meat sauce mixture to cooked pasta. Add 1 - 1 1/2 C shredded mozzarella. Stir and spread in a greased glass baking dish.
6. Top with remaining 1/2 C shredded mozzarella and panko bread crumbs.
7. Bake for 25 mins at 400. Enjoy.