Thursday, February 14, 2013

Chocolate-y Crockpot Chili


Happy Valentine's Day!

One of my favorite things about winter is a good, hot bowl of chili. My husband and I eat chili pretty much once a week all winter long, but we are always trying to alter the recipe (what am I talking about, we don't really use a recipe for this!) to give it some new pizazz! I thought I'd share one of my favorite chili creations today, and since its still Valentine's Day, of course it has to have chocolate in it! Another awesome thing about this recipe - the crockpot. Oh yes. My favorite kitchen appliance!

Chocolate-y Crockpot Chili


Shopping List:

2 lb Lean Ground Beef

16oz Kidney Beans

16oz Black Beans

28oz Tomato Puree

1/4 C Diced Onion

1/4 tsp Black Pepper

1 tsp Salt

1 tsp Paprika

McCormick 30% less sodium Chili Mix

1 tbsp Cinnamon

1/4 C Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
(Any chocolate sauce will do, but having grown up just outside 
of Hershey, PA and led Young Life at Hershey High School for 4 years, I have a very strong 
allegiance to Hershey's. I even have  a Hershey's syrup Christmas ornament 
on my Christmas tree!)

Toppings:

Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Diced Green Onions

Sour Cream

Tostito's Scoops (optional)

1. In crockpot, combine ground beef, kidney beans (drained), black beans (drained), diced onion, tomato puree, chili mix, cinnamon, and chocolate sauce.
2. Cook 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
3. Add toppings and enjoy!!



Happy Valentine's Day from my Valentine and me to you and yours! 
Use this opportunity to remind the special people 
in your life, how much you love them!


No comments:

Post a Comment