Thursday, March 7, 2013

Starbucks Iced Lemon Pound Cake (Copycat)

So I've missed a few days... This week has been crazy busy, but that's life! I'm excited to say though, that today is our SECOND guest post from none other than my sister!! I hoping this is her first of many!! She has some great recipes which I steal from time to time, including the very first recipe posted on this blog - see here: Meat and Veggie Stromboli. Hannah (Face) and I both love Starbucks, so I wasn't surprised when she chose a copycat recipe of something from the Starbucks bakery. This yummy snack/dessert is sooo good, and therefore I must say... WARNING: It is extremely difficult to eat just one piece!! Thanks Face, for sharing this recipe!

Starbucks Iced Lemon Pound Cake (Copycat)



Shopping List:

1 box Yellow Cake Mix

1 box Instant Lemon Yellow Pudding Mix

1/2 C Vegetable Oil

4 lg Eggs

1/2 C Skim Milk

8oz Sour Cream

6 Tbsp Lemon Juice

Icing:

2 1/2 C Powdered Sugar

3-4 Tbsp Lemon Juice



1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease two loaf pans.
2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, milk, and sour cream in a mixing bowl. Using blender, beat until ingredients are well combined for 1-1 1/2 mins.
3. Divide batter evenly between two loaf pans.



4. Bake 45-55 mins until slightly browned. Insert toothpick to make sure loafs are done.
5. Remove and let cool for 15 mins before removing from loaf pans.
6. To make icing, combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth and thick. Drizzle over over loafs, and let sit for 20 mins until icing is firm. Slice and serve. Enjoy!

This might be one of my favorite recipes! 
I'm so grateful to my sister for sharing!
Thanks Face!

Hannah spent a semester in London,
and I visited her while she was there... this was how we both
fell in love with the city!!  Here are a few photos from the trip
to show one interest we both have in common,
and to share a little of our relationship with you.

 Windsor Castle

St. James Park
(this bird was just sitting there!!)

Horse Guards Parade, next to 10 Downing St.

This is a little inside joke for Face from a double decker bus...

Good day!



No comments:

Post a Comment