Saturday, March 2, 2013

Leprechaun Popcorn

Happy Friday and Happy March! I can hardly believe it is March already! In like a lion out like a lamb?? We'll see I guess! Well you know I love holidays and so obviously I had to start of St. Patty's month with an appropriate food (I've already indulged in a Shamrock Shake). I saw this popcorn recipe recently and thought it sound like an awesome fun snack that is super easy to make! Here is the original recipe. I made my popcorn green to go with the theme of the month, but you can try any flavor, any color! The possibilities are endless... well almost!  Have fun!

Leprechaun Popcorn




Shopping List:

12 C Popped Popcorn
(approx 2 bags)

14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk

1  3oz box Jello Lime Jello Mix
(or the flavor of your choosing)

1. Preheat oven to 300 and line a shallow baking pan with heavy foil, extending foil over the edges of the pan (I just double wrapped the pan with foil). Butter foil.
2. Remove unpopped popcorn and pour popcorn into prepared pan. Keep warm.
3. Combine sweetened condensed milk and jello mix in a saucepan over low heat. Heat until mixture has slightly thickened and is bubbly (approx 4-5 mins).
4. Pour over popcorn and gently stir to coat. Bake 20 mins, stirring every 5 mins. Gently turn popcorn out onto buttered foil. Break into clusters. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment