Friday, October 4, 2013

Week #5 Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow

Happy October!!

What a glorious month! I just love Fall 
and everything that comes with it.

And I REALLY love Pumpkin Fall Fridays
This recipe was a mega-hit

In fact I made one batch to share on this blog, 
and before I got a chance to photograph it, 
it was gone and I had to make a second!

I mean puppy chow in and of it self is amazing! 
But to make it pumpkin spice?! Wow. 

Eat just one handful. 
I dare you.
 No seriously. 
Good luck with that. 

You might just want to double this recipe...

Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow



Shopping List:

1 C White Chocolate Chips

1/4 C (half stick) Butter

1/2 C Almond Butter
(I saw another recipe that used peanut butter, 
but I think PB is a powerful taste 
and I didn't want it to compete with 
the pumpkin spice taste. 
Almond butter is a bit more bland).


2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree

1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract

9 C Rice Chex cereal
(You could also use Corn Chex).

2-3 C Powdered Sugar
Method:

1. Using a double boiler or in the microwave, melt butter, then add white chocolate chips and melt.
2. Add almond butter, pumpkin pie spice, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Stir until creamy.
3. Pour over chex and toss until evenly coated.
4. Add powdered sugar a little at a time and toss until chex are completely coated.
5. I enjoy eating mine chilled in the refrigerator. Enjoy!


Makes an excellent after school snack, 
or pack it up and take it to the big game this weekend!


Have a great weekend! Stop back Monday
for another great Slow Cooker Recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment