Monday, August 26, 2013

Breakfast Fruit Smoothie

Breakfast is always a challenge for me. I don't get up in time to make it. I'm not hungry when I first wake up, so I have to pack it to go. I never know what to make. I really just want sugar cereal, but "supposedly" that's not good for you. But as I was cleaning out our freezer this weekend, I found lots of ingredients that would make the perfect fruit smoothie. Quick, easy, healthful, tasty. 
(Not much different than my Pesto Salmon on Quinoa from a few days ago).

Breakfast Fruit Smoothie



Shopping List:

1/3 C frozen Strawberries

1/4 C frozen Blueberries

1/3 12oz can frozen 100% Orange Juice Concentrate

1/2 C Pomegranate juice like "POM"



3 Ice Cubes

Note: For this recipe I used my amazing and wonderful Vitamix blender. I would highly, highly recommend it. It is one of the most versatile appliances in my kitchen. Check it out, but I'm warning you that you may experience some sticker shock! I think it's well worth the money, (easy for me to say. Mine was a gift!) but a regular blender for this recipe works great too!



Combine all ingredients in the Vitamix (blender). 



Blend until consistency is smooth. 


Serve chilled with breakfast or as a breakfast substitute. 


Enjoy!

Just wanted to share this goofy pic from my weekend! 
A group of women I work with went to The Farm at Walnut Creek for a "Funday." 
I would highly recommend it!


I still look at it and can't believe I was that close to a giraffe!

No comments:

Post a Comment