Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pesto Salmon on Quinoa

BOY has it been awhile! I mean AWHILE! I have missed blogging, and am glad to be back in the game. I am not planning on blogging every day like I did before, but have made a goal to share 3-4 recipes per week. So keep checking back to see what is cooking in the kitchen!

Let's jump right in! Tonight was one of those nights where you're long overdue for a trip to the grocery store and have not plan whatsoever for dinner. So looking at what I had in the pantry, this is what I whipped up! And I must say for winging it, it was pretty darn good! Quick, easy, and HEALTHFUL (That one's for you Dr. Dave 'Bud" Evans)! I really can't think of a better combination!

Pesto Salmon on Quinoa



Shopping List:

2 3oz Salmon Filets
(I used the frozen ones from the freezer aisles 
in the grocery store)

2 tbsp Pesto Sauce

1 Roma Tomato

A Pinch of Kosher Salt

2 tbsp EVOO

1 Box Quinoa
(I  used Rosemary and Olive Oil)




  1. If frozen, thaw salmon filets.
  2. Preheat oven to 350.
  3. Arrange salmon filets in glass baking dish. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and EVOO.
  4. Spread 1 tbsp of pesto sauce on each salmon filet.
  5. Slice roma tomato and arrange tomato slices on top of salmon and pesto sauce.
  6. Bake for approx 20 mins or until fully cooked.
  7. Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to box instructions.
  8. Arrange cooked salmon on a bed of quinoa. Enjoy!


I know its still August, but it really feels like fall has begun! School has started, tonight was our first Friday night football game, my husband who coaches high school cross country has his 3rd meet of the season tomorrow...

...AND this morning I stopped at Starbucks and discovered...

.......drumroll........

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES ARE HERE!!!!!
You better believe I ordered Venti!


Cheers!

K5KPYNN7XHY2

No comments:

Post a Comment