Thursday, March 6, 2014

Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup

I saw a similar recipe on Pinterest, but then I thought... 
...I could definitely make this a crockpot friendly soup! 

And the best part is... it's only 225 calories!! 
Let me say that again. 225 calories. 
That's it! 

I also have to confess that I was skeptical about this 
as I watched it simmering in the slow cooker

But Hole. Lee. Cow. 

It is one of the best dinners I have EVER made. Ever. 

Just give this a whirl and your family will be thanking you. 
Your schedule will be thanking you (I mean its a slow cooker recipe!). 
Your tastebuds will be thanking you.
Your hips will be thanking you (225 calories! Did I mention that yet?!). 
You will be thanking you.

Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup

Slow Cooker Crock Pot Lasagna Soup
 

Slow Cooker Crock Pot Lasagna Soup
 

Shopping List:

2 Tbsp Olive Oil

1 lb Ground Italian Sausage Meat

1 White Onion, chopped

32 oz Chicken Broth (sodium reduced)

1 15oz can Petite Diced Tomatoes

1 15oz can Tomato Sauce

1 tsp Crushed Red Peppers

1 Tbsp Minced Garlic

Pinch of Salt and Pepper

4 oz Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, broken into pieces
(About 4 whole noodles)

Mozzarella Cheese (topping)

Whole Wheat French Baguette

Method:

1. Brown sausage and chopped onion in olive oil.
2. Add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, crushed red peppers, garlic, salt and pepper to slow cooker.
3. Add browned meat and onions.
4. Cook 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
5. 10-15 minutes before serving, add lasagna noodles to slow cooker.
6. Serve hot topped with mozz cheese and a slice of whole wheat french baguette. Enjoy!

Easy. Peasy.

Don't forget about our new Facebook page!
Click HERE to check it out.

Teach Me How to Cookie
 
And in case you missed our 

 
Click HERE for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment