Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Grasshopper Mini Bundt Cakes for St. Patrick's Day

I was inspired by this fun little recipe from the Mix and Match Mama. 
Click HERE to see. 
I actually designed my recipe from just looking at the picture, 
but now I see that our recipes are very similar. Just a few tweaks.

And having just purchased a mini bundt cake pan
I thought this the perfect time to use it. 

Wilton Nonstick Mini Bundt Cake Pan
So if you are looking for an adorable (and easy!) 
You have come to the right place.

Grasshopper Mini Bundt Cakes

St Patricks Day Grasshopper Mini Bundt Cake Recipe
Shopping List:

1 box Chocolate Cake Mix

3 Eggs

1/3 C Canola Oil

1 C Water

1 14oz container of White Icing

1 tsp Mint Extract

Green Food Coloring

Green Gel or Cooking Icing

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350. My mini bundt cake pan is non-stick so I did not need to spray with cooking spray, however if you do not have non-stick, I recommend doing so.
2. In a stand mixer bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, and water. Blend for 2 mins on medium speed.
3. Spoon batter into mini bundt cake pan. Bake for 18-20 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cakes on wire cooling rack completely.
4. Add 1 tsp mint extract (or to taste) and a few drops of green food coloring to icing and stir. Remember, a few drops of food coloring goes long way.
5. Frost bundt cakes. Design a 3 or 4 leaf clover on top using gel or cookie icing. Enjoy!

Don't forget to like our new Facebook page 
to keep with all the latest recipes! 
Click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment