Friday, September 27, 2013

Week #4 Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

I just LOVE Pumpkin Fall Fridays!

I mean whats not to love? I love all three elements individually 
- pumpkin, fall, and Fridays - 
so put them together and its simply the best.

I have been waiting, waiting waiting, to use a spice cake recipe. 
I just love them. 
The make me feel warm and cozy, oh and by the way... 
my grandma makes THE BEST spice cake. Ever. Hands Down.
And adding pumpkin to the mix was never even a question.

Let's just get to the point...

Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Icing



Shopping List:

4 Eggs

1 2/3 C Sugar

1 C Canola Oil

16oz Pumpkin Puree

2 C Flour, sifted

2 tsp Baking Powder

1 tsp Baking Soda

2 tsp Cinnamon

1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

1/2 tsp All Spice

1/2 tsp Ground Cloves

1/2 tsp Nutmeg

Frosting:

3oz Cream Cheese

1/2 C Butter

1 tsp Vanilla

2 C Powdered Sugar

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
2. Using a stand mixer (or a medium mixing bowl and a hand mixer) beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until fluffy.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, all spice, ground cloves, and nutmeg.
4. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
5. Pour into baking pan and bake for 25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
6. For frosting, cream together cream cheese, butter, and vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar. When cake is completely cool, frost. Enjoy!


Shout out to Maddy for making the frosting for me!
xoxo.

And I realize this is a food blog...

...but I just love Fall. And I have to share with you my new Fall fashion purchase.


That's right. Black Hunter Wellies, delightfully British. 
I love, Love, LOVE these babies. 
Now if it would only RAIN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment