Monday, February 17, 2014

Orange Blueberry Smoothie

I have really been getting into using my juicer and my Vitamix blender lately. 

When trying to eat healthy, I try to think of it as adding the good things 
into my diet instead of refusing the bad things. 
I have a serious sweet tooth. Serious. 
So telling me not to eat sweets goes over like a lead balloon. 
But if I can think of it as trying to pack as many foods into my diet 
that fuel my body to operate at its best, I can get more excited about that. 

And two of the best small appliances to do this is... 



...and my Vitamix Blender


You can pack so many fruits and vegetables into one little juice or smoothie! 

I whipped up this Orange Blueberry Smoothie this morning for breakfast.
 I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious it was! 
I'll definitely be making this more often!

Orange Blueberry Smoothie


Shopping List:

1 Orange, peeled and quartered

1/4 C Orange Juice
(I used Simply Orange, No Pulp)

1/4 C Frozen Blueberries
(When fruits are out of season, 
frozen fruits are a less-expensive alternative. 
Plus, it keeps the smoothie nice and cold.)

1 serving Blueberry Yogurt
indiviual yogurt pack.)

1/4 C Frozen Strawberries

1 pinch Chia Seeds

1/2 C Ice Cubes

Method:

1. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. (If using a Vitamix, blend for 1 minute on high).
2. Enjoy!

In case you missed my other Smoothie recipe...


Click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment