Friday, December 13, 2013

6th Day of Christmas Cookies: Melissa's Peppermint Puppy Chow

Here we are already 1/2 way through the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies


I am so grateful for the women who have shared all of these wonderful recipes! 
I know I will trying several of them for Christmas! 

Today, my good friend Melissa is sharing her recipe! 
Melissa, like Katie has been such a special friend to me 
and another person I have looked up to for quite some time. 
She is one of the most caring and authentic people I know!

The Sloop Family

Puppy Chow. I MEAN...  I LOVE Puppy Chow. 
If you recall from this past Fall, we made Pumpkin version of this yummy snack. 
So I was so excited when Melissa told me she was making a Christmas version! 
Yes, please! Check out her super easy recipe!

**********************************************************

Melissa's Peppermint Puppy Chow




Shopping List:

15-17 crushed candy canes (appx 1 3/4 C)
  
**I like to crush my candy canes in the blender - much easier and quicker! **


6-7 C Rice Chex cereal

2 C Ghiradelli White Melts or White Almond Bark

Method:
1. Melt the chocolate on low hear in pan.  
2. Pour over cereal and gently mix.  
3. Place crushed candy canes in a ziploc bag or large container and gently shake to mix.  
4. Place candy covered cereal on cookie sheets to cool.  Enjoy!

XOXO Melissa

*******************************************************

Love it! I seriously can't wait to make this. 

We'll see you tomorrow for the 7th Day of Christmas Cookies 
for some Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment