Today we are taking a quick break
from the 12 Days of Christmas Cookies
for a delicious little recipe I had to sneak in here!
I mean who can go a Christmas holiday without some eggnog?!
Now I'll be honest, I can usually drink one glass of eggnog per season.
Anymore and its a little much for me.
But this pound cake has the perfect hint of eggnog
while still holding the rich pound cake flavor.
And on top of that, it's super easy to make!
We are even using a pound cake box mix as our base!
Just what you need for a last minute, short on time dessert!
Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1 (16-oz.) package pound cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups eggnog
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Beat all ingredients together at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Increase speed to medium, and beat 2 minutes. Pour into a lightly greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour). Enjoy!
- Recipe adapted from MyRecipes.com
That's it! Super easy.
The 12 Days of Christmas Cookies will return tomorrow.
Only 2 days left!