Friday, January 31, 2014

SuperBowl Sunday Menu

This weekend is the SuperBowl! 
I love the SuperBowl - not so much because I care about football 
(or at least NFL football - this family is allllllll about Penn State Football!), 
but because I do love watching a good game, 
I looove funny commercials, I Loooooove SuperBowl food, 
and I LOOOOOVVVEE any excuse to have a party with friends. 


So whether you will be rooting for the 
Denver Broncos for the Seattle Seahawks, 
you are gonna need some delicious munchies for you and your guests! 


And Quick and Easy is best because who wants to be slaving away 
in the kitchen while the game and all your guests 
are in the living room crowded around the tv?!


Let's start with things you can use as the main meal. 

I'm fine to snack on appetizers all night, 

but my friend Ryan says we have to have "something substantial." 

Well for all of the Ryan's in the world, here are some suggestions:


Meatball Subs

Now there is nothing special about this recipe. 
In fact, I really didn't make any of it. 
But we said quick and easy, right? 

Throw these puppies in the slow cooker, 
set out some buns and cheese, 
and you have a self-serve meal that is ready all night.

Click HERE for the recipe.


Slow Cooker Cola Pulled Pork

Pulled Pork is another recipe you can throw in the slow cooker, 
set some buns beside and walk away. 
Always warm, always ready to eat. 
And this fun recipe has an extra fun taste 
by adding a can of your favorite soda!

Click HERE for the recipe.


Chocolate-y Crockpot Chili

When I think of SuperBowl food, 
I automatically think of Chili. 

Make ahead in the crockpot, 
and set out a fun toppings bar! 
Some cheese, sour cream, diced green onions, 
maybe some fritos! So good! 

Annnd! This recipe will have you ready for 
Valentine's Day at the same time! 

CHOCOLATE is an ingredient. Yes, I said it. Chocolate.

Click HERE for the recipe.


Meat & Veggie Stromboli

Stromboli's are another perfect football-watching food. 
And you can stuff them with several different things 
to have a variety for your guests! 
Here are two recipes for Meat and Veggie Strombolis. 
Excuse the poor photo quality. 
This was my first recipe on Teach Me How to Cookie!

Click HERE for the recipe.


Ok, let's switch gears to appetizers. 
Here are some Awesome Apps your guests will love to snack on!

Quick and Easy Guacamole

Last night I bought a huge bag of avocados. 
With several parties this weekend, 
I plan to be making lots of guac. 
This recipe is so simple, yet sooo good!

Click HERE for the recipe.

Originally this was a Halloween recipe, 
so you can ignore the cute little Frankenguac cup 
and just make the guacamole. 
And you may want to double triple this recipe!


Crescent Pizza Rolls

These are one of my favorites! 
And your kids will love this one too. 
3 ingredients and done.

Click HERE is for the recipe.


Mandy's Fresh Avocado and Feta Salsa


My friend Mandy shared this wonderful recipe a few months ago. 
It's a fun twist on traditional salsa, and since everything is fresh, 
it is actually a more HEALTHY option!

Click HERE for the recipe.


Cabbage & Ramen Noodle Salad


Now this recipe isn't technically an appetizer, 
but this salad is such a hit, I just had to include it. 
I have had so many people tell me how much they love this salad, 
or that they took it to a party and it was gone as soon as they served it. 
It's one of my top 5 viewed recipes! 
Your guests will LOOOVE this salad!

Click HERE for the recipe.


That's all for today! 
But on Sunday, I will be sharing 2 last minute recipes 
for those of you who are still scrambling. 

Both quick. Both easy. 


See you on Game Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment