Monday, October 7, 2013

Slow Cooker Cola Pulled Pork Sandwiches

In this household, we LOVE pulled pork!

Like absolutely love it! It's so simple to make, 
and tastes so so yummy!

In this household, we also love Diet Coke
Drink it by the case. 
I know, I know it's not healthful. 
But confession: we are suckers for an ice cold Diet Coke.

I'm always looking for new pulled pork recipes to try, 
I knew I had to come up with my own variation.

And then I thought...
Cola Pulled Pork! 
Yessss!!

But wait, there's more!

The recipe calls for one bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce.
Well in this household, there's only one kind of BBQ Sauce...


So I was perusing the grocery store shelves for the perfect bottle of 
Sweet Baby Ray's and I spotted this!


That's right. Sweet Baby Ray's Cola-Q.

I mean honestly. Does a recipe come together any better than that?!

Cola Pulled Pork Sandwiches




Shopping List:

3-4 lb Pork Roast

1 can Cola
(You can really use any kind of soda you want. 
Regular is better than diet in this case, though).

1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Cola-Q Sauce
(You may want extra on hand for the sandwiches).


Method:

1. Place meat in slow cooker. Pour cola and Sweet Baby Ray's over meet.
2. Cook 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
3. Serve on Sandwich Thins and top with extra BBQ sauce if desired. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment