Friday, October 25, 2013

Week #8 Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars

Today marks Week #8 of Pumpkin Fall Fridays 
and the first day of a week of Spook-tacular Halloween recipes! 

When I saw these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars on Pinterest from My Recipes,
I was a little intimidated at first because 
they looked difficult to make - especially those cute little ghosts!  

But I as I read the recipe, I realized they were actually very simple to make! 
And they are just so gosh darn cute, I couldn't resist. 
I practiced a few ghosts on a plate before I tried it on the actual bar. Easy-peasy. 

Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars




Shopping List:

20 Oreos

2 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted

2 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese, at room temperature

1 C Sugar

1 C Pumpkin Puree

3 Eggs, at room temperature

1 tsp Vanilla Extract

3 Tbsp Flour

1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

1/4 tsp Salt


Mini Chocolate Chips

Method:

1.  Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 baking pan with foil.
2. Crush oreos in a food processor, add butter and pulse.
3. Press evenly in pan and bake for 10-12 mins. Cool slightly.
4. In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar. Then add pumpkin puree. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla extract, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
5. Pour mixture into pan and place pan in a a baking dish. Fill baking dish with hot water. Bake for 40-45 mins or until sides are set and center still jiggles slightly. Allow to cool completely.
6. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Pipe cool whip to form ghosts and use mini chocolate chips to create eyes. Enjoy!

Such a fun Halloween Treat!! 

And the best part is we are just getting started!! 

Tune in Sunday as I put together for you 

And then Monday for a guest post from Hannah on another Spooky Snack! 
I can hardly stand the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment