Today marks Week #8 of Pumpkin Fall Fridays
and the first day of a week of Spook-tacular Halloween recipes!
I was a little intimidated at first because
they looked difficult to make - especially those cute little ghosts!
But I as I read the recipe, I realized they were actually very simple to make!
And they are just so gosh darn cute, I couldn't resist.
I practiced a few ghosts on a plate before I tried it on the actual bar. Easy-peasy.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
2 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
2 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese, at room temperature
1 C Sugar
1 C Pumpkin Puree
3 Eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 Tbsp Flour
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp Salt
Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8x8 baking pan with foil.
2. Crush oreos in a food processor, add butter and pulse.
3. Press evenly in pan and bake for 10-12 mins. Cool slightly.
4. In an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar. Then add pumpkin puree. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla extract, flour, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
5. Pour mixture into pan and place pan in a a baking dish. Fill baking dish with hot water. Bake for 40-45 mins or until sides are set and center still jiggles slightly. Allow to cool completely.
6. Refrigerate for 3 hours. Pipe cool whip to form ghosts and use mini chocolate chips to create eyes. Enjoy!
Such a fun Halloween Treat!!
And the best part is we are just getting started!!
Tune in Sunday as I put together for you
And then Monday for a guest post from Hannah on another Spooky Snack!
I can hardly stand the excitement!