Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Caramel Apple Cider Bundt Cake

I've said it before and I'll say it again... 

I read it almost every morning. 
She shares the best recipes with great photography, 
and her Family blog has made me fall in love 
with the Shull's without ever having met them. 

So when I stumbled upon her Caramel Apple Cider Bundt Cake
I absolutely had to try. 
I didn't even change one thing about the recipe 
because it was already absolutely perfect. 

It is seriously the moistest cake I have ever eaten! 
So so so yummy! In fact, 
I have made not one but TWO of these cakes in the last week for different functions. 

They are so perfectly Fall. You simply MUST try!  
Thank you Mix and Match Mama!!

Caramel Apple Cider Bundt Cake



Shopping List:

1 box Yellow Cake Mix

2 small boxes Instant Vanilla Pudding

1/2 C Canola Oil

1 C Apple Cider, plus a few splashes for frosting

4 Eggs

1 C Applesauce

2 Tbsp Cinnamon, divided

1 C Caramel Pieces

Frosting:

1 C Caramel Ice Cream Topping

1 stick Butter, softened

4 C Powdered Sugar

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a bundt pan.
2. In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, instant pudding mix, oil, cider, eggs, applesauce, and 1 Tbsp cinnamon. Stir in caramel pieces. Pour into bundt pan.
3. Bake 40-45 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
4. Allow to cool for 10 mins.
5. Run knife around the outside of the pan to loosen cake. Invert cake pan and cool cake completely.
6. To make frosting, beat butter, powered sugar, 2-3 splashes of cider and cinnamon until creamy. Add more sugar to thicken, or more cider to thin until frosting is at your desired consistently.
7. Drizzle caramel topping over cake. Frost cake. Enjoy!! (And believe me... you will).

I'm so thankful its Fall!!

Stop by on Friday for Week #8 of Pumpkin Fall Fridays 
and the start of a week of celebrating Halloween 
with a few spoooky recipes that are to die for...

...Muahahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment