Last weekend, as I was shopping at our local farmer's market
and seeing the bushels and bushels of apples,
it donned on me that I have never made applesauce before!
I also have seen on Pinterest how
you can make applesauce in a slow cooker!
Good thing, because I don't think I have the patience to do it the hard way.
This recipe ended up being a huge hit!
In fact Matt had it completely gone before I even got to take a picture of it!!
Super easy, very yummy! Oh and by the way,
it makes your house smell WONDERFUL while it's cooking!
Slow Cooker Apple Sauce
17 Medium Apples
(You can chose any kind you like.
I used Golden Delicious.
You can even mix and match if you want!)
4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1. Peel, core, and dice apples. Add to slow cooker.
2. As I was adding the apples to the slow cooker, spritz with lemon juice to keep apples from turning brown.
3. Add brown sugar. I added some cinnamon hear as well, some people might want to wait and add to the top of the applesauce as they serve it.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low 6-8 hours stirring periodically.
5. A few recipes I read suggested running it through a blender at the end, but Matt likes his applesauce on the chunkier side, and I didn't mind the texture. It's really up to your preference. Enjoy!
PS I hope you all watched Penn State beat Michigan in
QUADRUPLE overtime last night!! It was an AWESOME game!