Friday, October 11, 2013

Week #6 Pumpkin Spice Latte Bars and Fall House Tour


I tried one other recipe in preparation 
for this week that bombed, but then... 

Magic happened. 

It literally felt like all of the amazing deliciousness 
morphed into bar form. 

I mean... YUM!  

I know I say this every week, but this literally is the best. 
Go get yourself a Venti PSL, whip up some of these babies, 
sit back and taste the Fall!

Pumpkin Spice Latte Bars



Shopping List:

1 pkg Betty Crocker Pumpkin Bar Mix


2 Eggs

1/2 C (one stick) of Butter, melted

1/4 C Boiling Water

1 Tbsp Instant Coffee

1 tsp Cinnamon

1 tsp All Spice

1 can Cream Cheese Frosting
Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
2. Dissolve instant coffee in the boiling water.
3. Using a stand mixer (or hand mixer), mix together, pumpkin bar mix, jello mix, eggs, melted butter, boiling water/coffee mix, cinnamon and all spice until smooth.
4. Pour into baking dish and bake for 25-30 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool completely. Frost with cream cheese frosting. (I decorated with some cute fall leaf sprinkles I had left over from some caramel apples we made this week!) Enjoy!



I finally finished decorating my house for fall. 
My annual decorations have been up since the first weekend of September. 
But I finally picked up my pumpkins, straw bales, and mums.  
Here's a little 'pin-spiration' for you! 
And thanks to everyone who has shared in Pinterest to inspire me!

Here is the front door...



The door was white with a storm door on it when we moved in, 
but I just repainted it black about 2 weeks ago. 
I absolutely love it now! 

I also have 2 black shutters to put up on either side of their door, 
but they are still being painted. 
I'll post un updated photo when they are finished.

By the mail slot and screened in porch...


The back door...


The fall mantel!! This is the one I love the most!!




Decorations are from Target and Hobby Lobby!
Pumpkins and straw bales are from an awesome farm 
in Ashland, OH called Honey Haven.

Thanks for touring!

Have a great weekend!

Usually I don't post over the weekend, 
but I am excited to share a 
wonderful slow cooker applesauce recipe with you Sunday. 

See you then!


1 comment:

  1. Your bars look so delicious! I've been making so many pumpkin recipes this fall, but somehow, I'm still not tired of them!! I love this season! :) These sound so good!!!

    ReplyDelete