Monday, October 21, 2013

Chicken Gyros

I meant to get this up yesterday, 
but time always seems to get away from me. 

However, I am excited to share this recipe. 

My sister, while studying abroad in Europe 3 years ago, 
talked about how delicious gyros are. 
In fact, when she was in Greece, she didn't really like any of the other food, 
and lived on a diet of them. 

 I had to try one for myself. 
And immediately, I was hooked! 
And the tzatziki sauce in this recipe is perrrfect!!

Chicken Gyros




Shopping List:

2 Chicken Breasts

Cavender's Greek Seasoning


Red Onion, thinly sliced

Lettuce

Tomatos, diced

Pita Bread

Tzatziki Sauce:

1 C Cucumber, finely chopped

1/2 C Greek Yogurt

1/4 C Sour Cream

2 tbsp Pickle Relish

1 tbsp Lemon Juice

1 tbsp Minced Garlic

1/4 tsp Salt
Method:

1. Season chicken with Cavender's Greek Season and grill. Slice into strips.
2. To prepare tzatziki sauce, mix ingredients well.
3. Assemble gyro. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment